Offset Printing: Your High Quality Option at Lower Cost for Larger Projects
Raise your hand if you are familiar with the term “offset printing”. Put your hand down if you are in the marketing or printing business. Put your hand down if you have a family member in the marketing or printing business. There aren’t a lot of hands left up. You are likely very familiar with Brumley Printing’s superior printing services, but you might not know all of the printing terminology used in the industry. To help you understand how Brumley Printing makes your company’s sales and collateral materials look amazing, we want to introduce you to some the terms of the trade.
Offset printing is a printing technique that has been around for a long time. Technology and computers have improved and streamlined the process, but the basic method remains the same. A metal plate is created with the image to be printed. Today, this is done by computer. The metal plate is then inked and the image is transferred, or offset, to a rubber blanket. The image on the blanket then gets put on the final paper, cardstock, etc., thus producing the final printed product.
Raise your hand if you want to learn more about Offset Printing with Brumley Printing (817) 336-5551
This production method is different than what your home laser or ink jet printer would do. Offset printing takes specialized equipment and training. Also, there is a cost involved with producing the metal plate. However, once the plate is made, it can be used over and over again—for thousands of copies! This makes offset printing a great option for large printing projects. Even though there is an upfront set up cost, that cost gets spread out as the quantity increases. Offset printing may not be the best option for 50 pieces, but as you get into the hundreds, it’s a very viable option.
Why use offset printing from Brumley Printing for your printing project?
- As discussed above, offset printing costs less and less per item as you increase quantities. It is a cost effective printing method for large quantities
- Offset printing, with a skilled printer operator at the helm, allows for ink color control. It produces clear, crisp, high-quality images. Plus, print quality consistency can also be better controlled, so your entire order looks clean and sharp with excellent color fidelity.
- The options are endless! Offset printing allows for custom color options, and a plethora of stock choices. You can choose from thinner to thicker papers, foils, textures, and more! And Brumley Printing is here to help you narrow down the choices with their expert advice. With 30+ years of experience, the team will help you select the right look for your printing project.
- Brochures, catalogs, stationery and magazines and other sales materials that require large runs and professional appeal are perfect projects for offset printing.
Offset Printing is the perfect choice for high quality and large quantities over 1,000 pieces
Now that you understand the terminology, are you appreciating what offset printing from an experienced printer can do for your company? Offset printing delivers a quality, well priced product in large quantities, but there are some projects that may not be suited to the printing method.
Do NOT use Offset Printing if:
- Only small quantities are required, and more won’t be required later on
- Projects require variable data
- Deadlines are too close to allow for offset printing production time, which can be slightly longer than digital printing turnarounds
- You need a press proof. The full set up of the metal plate is required for a single proof.
Now that you understand the lingo, it’s time to contact Brumley Printing for your next offset print order! When you choose Brumley Printing as your print provider, be assured that you are getting high quality and great value. We offer the best customer service to guide you through every step of your offset printing project, from your first consultation through delivery of your printed pieces. Call us at (817) 336-5551, or visit our website to learn more.
When we ask “Raise your hand if you love Brumley Printing!” every hand in the room gets held up high!