If you’re like most business owners hoping to convert prospects into buyers, you spend a lot of time and money driving website traffic, focusing on email marketing, and utilizing other digital marketing strategies to grab their attention. That’s what everyone else is doing—because it works. So why would you consider direct mail retargeting? In your mind, sending postcards, letters, flyers, etc., is too old school. But the reality is that direct mail can still be an effective strategy when pairing it with other marketing efforts to draw people back to your products and services—especially if you’re personally targeting people who weren’t ready to buy the first time they visited your website.
Direct mail retargeting is different than traditional direct mail because you’re sending out personalized letters, flyers, or postcards to a recent website visitor who didn’t convert their search into a purchase. According to the Direct Marketing Association, traditional direct mail marketing typically delivers about a 4.4% response rate. Personalized direct mail marketing, including direct mail retargeting, typically results in response rates of between 12% and 15%.
Consider These Benefits of Direct Mail Retargeting
- Maintain connections at every stage of the customer journey
- Generate more sales
- Improve conversion rates
- Increase brand awareness and stand out among competitors
- Reach interested prospects with pinpoint accuracy
- Target a niche audience through personalization
- Expand your reach to meet unique customers
- Stir up an emotional response
- Gain insight into customer shopping patterns
- Diversify and supplement your overall marketing campaign
- Track your response rate
Direct Mail Retargeting Creates Higher Response Rates
While this may be surprising to hear, roughly 96% of visitors who come to your website aren’t ready to buy. They may be willing to provide contact information, peruse specific products and service areas, and exchange other information to receive valuable content. But that doesn’t mean they will buy right away.
Personalized direct mail retargeting allows you to target these audience members with pinpoint accuracy using cookie-based, IP address, or email address matching to match a website visitor to their local name and postal address. From there, you can then tailor the message on your mail pieces and persuade them to come back to you based on the individual prospect’s needs, personal tastes, and buying history. And the best part is that you can do it in real-time.
3 Step Process to Direct Mail Retargeting
- Step 1: A visitor visits your website and allows your site to access their location. Once this happens, you can capture their exact address for future direct mail use.
- Step 2: You can send that visitor an offer, discount, or other personalized message. The goal of this direct mail retargeting campaign would be to convince them to revisit your site or bring the offer in person.
- Step 3: You can have this offer printed and mailed quickly.
There are countless practical examples where this can be beneficial. For example …
- Let’s say you own a local restaurant, and a visitor checks out your online menu but doesn’t place an order. With direct mail retargeting, you can send that visitor a postcard based on their browsing activity and offer a free appetizer or buy-one-get-one offer to entice them to visit your location or place an order online.
- Perhaps you are an online sports equipment retailer, and a potential customer places several items into their online shopping cart through your website only to abandon it at the last minute without finalizing the purchase. With direct mail retargeting, you could send them an offer for free shipping or 15% off their next purchase.
With direct mail retargeting, there is a higher shelf life for personalized offers since they stay in the household for a longer period of time versus getting lost online if not acted upon immediately. Combine a personalized direct mail campaign with your website’s real-time monitoring and tracking software, and response rates increase. According to statistics from the USPS, over 60% of consumers visit a website after receiving mail from the corresponding website. The USPS also states that roughly 98% of consumers collect their mail the day it’s delivered, and 77% sort through their mail immediately.
Brumley Printing Wants To Be Your Direct Mail Retargeting Partner
Direct mail is not a thing of the past. If anything, it can be strategically combined with your digital marketing efforts to enhance your overall visibility and spur more customers to take action and do business with you. All you have to do to learn more about our personalized direct mail service and how it can improve response rates and deliver a higher ROI for your organization is to call Brumley Printing in Fort Worth today.
When you choose Brumley Printing as your print provider, be assured that you are getting high quality and great value. Brumley Printing has been helping Fort Worth businesses with their printing and marketing needs for over 30 years. We provide quality services at affordable prices and a range of methods—including offset printing—to meet your project’s unique needs and demands. Plus, we offer unprecedented service and guidance to every client. To get started, give us a call at (817) 336-5551 or contact us.